Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Colleen & Casey

Many may know that a gi-nor-mous part of The Caramel Jar's business is working with amazing bride & grooms to be! I've been fortunate to have 40+ bride/groom duos select our caramels as their wedding favors, wedding weekend welcome gifts (say that 3 times...lol) and Grooms dinner favors! Each bride & groom has a unique vision for their weddings and I LOVE seeing and hearing about how each of them displays our caramels on their very special day! 

To kick off our wedding season, I'm sharing a little story about a recent bride/groom! 
Miss Colleen has been kind enough to share details of her DIY wedding with 
photography by Maebird and using many vendors on Etsy

Colleen & Casey were destined to be with each other, growing up near each other, attending the same church, high school & sharing friends/acquaintances they finally met, and found true love! After dating for 6 years, Casey proposed! Married six weeks later on December 11, 2010 and celebrating with family & friends after the new year, this couple had just a few weeks to plan this fabulous 
celebration that truly captured their spirit!

When I asked Colleen why she chose our caramels, this is what she said, "I explored the wedding favors pages for hours on Etsy but wasn't happy with the traditional things. I've never been a traditional girl.  I was happy to find that some Etsy sellers made edible treats, as we are foodies for sure.  Oh I was so happy to find TheCaramelJar!  I knew I wanted the Fleur de Sel right away. The caramels arrived exactly when she said they would and they were AMAZING!!" - awwwwww....(SWEET RIGHT?!?!)

So how did this fabulous girl use our caramels?? "I found an adorable, "Enjoy" stamp from Olive Manna which inspired me to put the caramels in simple, cotton draw-string bags.  I used a vintage tray that I already had and little by little, our entry table with our beautiful favors came together." (GORGEOUS~!)


Stay tuned for more fabulous wedding favor inspiration as I embark on our first "full" wedding season! 

Your forever faithful caramel making girl...



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The wedding looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea, they look so cute!! I'm sure the guests must have been really happy when they saw what was inside :-)

    ReplyDelete