Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe :: Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!

As you know, I'm typically a caramel girl, but last Friday I switched gears and researched a chocolate cake recipe to bring to a little gathering. I must say, these were a crowd favorite!

First, I checked my cupboards and realized I had {1} 8 inch cake pan and {1} 9 inch. Hmmm, scratch two-tier cake. That's when the little muffin tin in the back caught my eye - cupcakes!


Easy recipe adapted from the amazing Ina Garten after the jump.

Chocolate Cupcakes
Adapted from Food Network & Ina Garten

Ingredients

Muffin/cupcake wrappers
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups good cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk, shaken
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your cupcake or muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Sift, if you do that kind of thing, or just add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl. Combine dry ingredients. Make sure you break up the flour and cocoa lumps out in this stage if you didn't sift.

In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, hand mixer or whisk in hand, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry.

Pour into lined muffin pan. Bake at 350 deg F until a cake tester comes out clean. 20-27 minutes. Cool and frost with your choice of frosting! Our favorite is a homemade cream cheese frosting.

Enjoy!

Looks yum! Can I dive in?
Mix gradually, I mixed dry into wet in {3} batches.
Um, hello!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. You taunted me!
    mmmmmm, I want some sweet yums sooo bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mila, these are so easy and scrumptious! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete