Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recipe :: Chocolate Marshmallow Fluff Cookies

I know, I know, we do make quite a few sweets here at The Caramel Jar. Gasp! So I've been promising some friends these family favorite cookies and I thought I'd share this chocolate lovers recipe & a few pictures with you!

Chocolate and chewy marshmallow makes the perfect cookie!
Growing up, my family would have these gooey cookies at Christmas and only Christmas. Sad! I'm a firm believer that Christmas cookies are not just for Christmas! I know, I drive my Mother c-r-a-z-y and some of you might also agree that things aren't as special if you get to enjoy them all the time, but then again....I started a caramel company so I would never have a shortage of mouth watering caramel in my life! Either way, these are simple to make and would be a great recipe to try with kids! Imagine your kids peeking inside the oven as the marshmallows start to rise!

More pictures and full recipe after the jump!

Chocolate Marshmallow Fluff Cookies

Ingredients:
3 c Flour
1 bag GIANT marshmallows
2/3 c cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

1 c butter (softened)
1 c sugar + 1/2 cup for the outside of the cookies
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

**Freeze marshmallows** {makes it easier to wrap dough around them}.








Directions:
Cream butter and sugars. Add {2} eggs and vanilla.

Mix flour {sift if you prefer} and other dry ingredients. Set aside.

Add dry ingredients to your creamed butter mixture. At this point the dough should be able to be "formed" into a flattened disk to insert your marshmallow and close the dough up around the marshmallow. Make sure you cover the marshmallow with dough. You shouldn't be able to see any white at this point. Roll marshmallows in coarse granulated sugar.

Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 8-13 minutes. You'll want to watch the first batch to see how long it takes for the cookies to flatten crack slightly.

Once you see them crack and the marshmallow to appear, remove from oven and cool. Leave them on the baking sheet for a couple minutes to cool before transferring them to a cooling rack - the marshmallow makes them slightly delicate to remove immediately from the baking pan.

Makes about 24-28 giant chocolate marshmallow fluff cookies!

Until next time,

Your Chief Caramel Girl


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I tried making these cookies and they were awesome, probably the best cookies I've ever made. Everyone wanted more! I ended up cutting the marshmallow in half and then putting it in the cookie but other than that the recipe was perfect and easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies taste amazing! But how should you store them? Air tight container or no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!,
    I made these yesterday and they were amazing! Even without the marshmallows, the brownie-cookie was tasted great! I did adjust the size of the balls and cut the giant marshmallows in 1/2 though as I felt they were too big originally. They worked out great. I got about 30 cookies from your original recipe. I also added dark chocolate sprinkles to the roll-in sugar to coat the cookies - worked a treat. Thanks for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long do the marshmallows need to freeze before baking?

    ReplyDelete