Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Recipe :: Banana Chips

Quick little recipe for all of our healthy eaters! Yes, there are a few, I like to consider myself one of them, but it's a struggle being surrounded by these.... This recipe is merely so I can detox from my bacon, avocado and tomato sandwich binge. I almost forgot about the fried chicken on Sat. lol

So easy and delicious. The sweetest banana ever!
My relationship with these little sweet morsels stems from middle school. I had a friend that was on the swim/dive team with me that would make me buckets of them! Let's just say, one road trip to Duluth, I'm pretty sure I wolfed down enough bananas to get my fill of potassium for a year. Maybe two.

A few more pics and recipe after the jump!

Homemade Banana Chips : No Preservatives

3 bananas sliced super thin {roughly 1/8 of an inch}
3-4 tablespoons of orange juice

These will be gone by 5pm today!
Preheat oven 175 deg F.

Slice bananas super thin. They will be delicate little things. Dip in OJ.

Gently place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure and space them so they aren't touching! Gives them space to properly dry out!

Bake for 1.5-2.5 hours {depending on how thick you slice your bananas}.

Cool, remove from baking sheet and store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. yum i am totally trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to make these - my daughter isn't much of a fan of bananas - but give her freeze dried ones? She devours them. Do you know how long they will last in an airtight container?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll love them! So sweet! If you cut the bananas really thin, and or if they are really dry from baking a long time, they should last a week or so. Since there are no preservatives, if you're concerned, pop them in the freezer after they are cooled. :)

      Delete